Hillsborough, New Hampshire Cemeteries

Cemetery Locations, Directions and Photos



Bear Hill Cemetery, named for it's location on Bear Hill, was in use from 1804 to 1891.
At the corner of Mill St and Bear Hill Rd, proceed on Bear Hill Rd for 1.9 miles. Cemetery is on Right. Entrance has a green iron gate.
Bible Hill Cemetery, named for it's location on Bible Hill, was in use from 1788 to 1881.
From W. Main St, take a right on Beard Brook Rd., Proceed for about .7 mile. Just before the bridge, entrance on the right. Walk up the hill for about 1500 ft., cemetery is on the left.
Church Street Cemetery, named for it's location on Church Street, was in use from 1818 to 1942.
At the corner of West Main and Church Streets, proceed on Church St. for about 200 ft. Cemetery entrance is on the left sitting back about 200 ft. between the houses.
Clark Cemetery, named for the Clark family, was in use from 1865 to 1951.
North on Center Rd on the left between Rosewald Farm and Intrepid Farm.
Codman Cemetery, named for the Codman family, was in use from 1848 to 1853.
At house #408 Beard Brook Rd, left side. Gravestones are at the right side of lot next to the road.
Cooledge Cemetery, named for the Cooledge family, was in use from 1840 to 2003.
At Hillsboro Lower Village proceed north from Rt. 9 on Rt. 31 through Hillsboro Upper Village, take right onto Cooledge Rd. Stay on Cooledge Rd to .10 miles past Lachut farm. Cemetery is on the right on a knoll.
Farrar Cemetery, named for the Farrar family, was in use from 1815 to 1998.
From the corner of Bog Road and Gould Pond Road proceed north on Bog Rd 2.9 miles to Carter Hill Road for .1 miles. Cemetery is on the left.
Flat/Dascomb Cemetery was named for the Dascomb family and it's location in the area once called the "Flats".
In use from 1815 to 1878.
On West Main Street located on the right side headed west opposite Wyman's Chevrolet.
Gerry Cemetery, named for the Gerry family, was in use from 1827 to 1890
Take School St. north from W. Main St. School St. becomes Center Rd. Continue north to Concord End Rd. on the right just past Fox State Forest entrance. Follow Concord End Rd for.5 miles. Cemetery is on the right.
Harvey Memorial Cemetery is named for Harold E. Harvey, a Hillsborough Selectman from 1921 to 1958. In use from 1958 to the present.
At Hillsboro Lower Village, proceed north from Rt. 9 on Rt. 31 to Shedd Rd on the right approx .3 mile. Turn right onto Shedd Rd and proceed approx .2 miles. Cemetery is on the right.
Hillsborough Center Cemetery, named for it's location at Hillsborough Center, in use from 1790 to the present.
North on School St. to Center Road to Hillsboro Center. Turn left onto East Washington Road approx .2 mile. Cemetery on right at top of hill.
Kimball Corner Cemetery is named for the Kimball family as well as it's location at Kimball Corner.
In use from 1819 to 1976.
From the corner of Bog Road and Gould Pond Road, proceed west on Bog Road 2.9 miles to Carter Hill Road. At the corner of Carter Hill Road and Sand Knoll Road, proceed up Sand Knoll Road .4 miles, bear left onto Kimball Road for .5 mile. Cemetery is on the right.
Kimball Hill Cemetery is named for the Kimball family and it's location on Kimball Hill.
In use from 1819 to 1855.
Drive north on School St to Center Rd. to Hillsborough Center. Proceed right on to North Rd. Cemetery is at the intersection of North Rd. and Kimball Rd.
Maple Avenue Cemetery, named for the Maple trees surrounding it's location, in use from 1832 to present.
At Hillsboro Lower Village, proceed north from Rt. 9 on Rt. 31 approx .3 mile. Turn left onto Atwood Rd. Cemetery is on the left.
Monroe Cemetery, named for the Monroe family was in use from 1817 to 1892.
Follow School St. to Center Rd. to North Rd. Stay on North Rd. to Flint Rd. Take right on Flint Rd. for 2/10th of a mile. Cemetery is on left side of road.
Pine Hill Cemetery is named for the pine trees surrounding it's location,
was in use from 1788 to 1976.
At Hillsboro Lower Village, proceed north from Rt. 9 on Rt. 31 approx .3 mile. Turn left onto Atwood Rd. Cemetery is on the left beyond Maple Ave. Cemetery.
Preston Cemetery, named for the Preston family, was in use from 1828 to 1913.
Off Preston Street at Grimes Field next to the maintenance building.
Robbins Cemetery was named for the Robbins family. Dates of use cannot be determined.
North of Hillsboro Center on Center Rd. to County Rd. to house #358 on left. Cemetery is beyond #358 a short distance on right.
St. Charles Cemetery
Although unable to verify at this time, it appears that this cemetery is named for ST. CHARLES, the patron saint of learning and the arts.
In use from 1956 to present.
At Hillsboro Lower Village, proceed north from Rt. 9 on Rt. 31 approx .3 mile. Turn right onto Shedd Rd. Cemetery is on the right beyond Harvey Memorial Cemetery.

Website & database system courtesy Richard Booth of Lakeside Design, Hillsborough, NH